Total Pageviews for this Blog

Slideshow of Blog Pictures

St. Petersburg Pictures

Friday, November 12, 2010

One of my Professional Development and Communication Skills classes wanted to look at Office Ergonomics. (Click here for the full story...)

I am teaching Professional Development and Communications Skills with Mike Garant.  I am letting the class choose their own topics.  Here is how the 'Office Ergonomics' talk went...
Getting started for practicing Office Stretches.

 
So this is the funniest part of the class.  When I walked in the students were sitting in the last 20% of the seats.  I cannot show in this picture how ridiculous it was.  They left yards and yards of space between where they were sitting and the front.  I had to make them all get up and move to the front.

Here are the leaders of the class.  They gave a short presentation about ergonomics and then led the class in stretches.  Anna is showing the 'look surprised' stretch.  The others are laughing too hard to reciprocate.


Finns are really good at doing what they are told.  Everyone participated which was a little unusual, I thought.  All in all everyone was good natured about the exercises.

These guys were too studly to get totally into it.  They did a good job of looking cool, though.


Stretching necks.  Actually the stretches were really good.  They took about 10 minutes and left me feeling refreshed.  It was a good class the students gave.  Later on they had the students give a demonstration of bad ergonomics and how to correct these.

No comments:

Post a Comment